12 October 2015: Updated with interior pictures
Fiat has released pictures of an 4-wheel drive Fiat Ducato Expedition camper vehicle. It’s only a concept for now but provides a tantalising glimpse of what the firm could do if it chose to compete with the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4×4 and Transit AWD in the 4×4 van stakes.
The Ducato 4×4 Expedition will be on display at the Düsseldorf Caravan Salon, and at the Birmingham NEC show later this year.
Sadly, it’s a one-off at present, but here are the specs:
- 2.3-litre 150bhp Multijet II engine
- Long wheelbase with extended overhang and high roof
- Dengel permanent all-wheel drive system with viscous coupling
- Raised ride height, wider track and oversized tyres with special wheels
- Front skid plate and LED daylight running lights
- Front winch and roof rack with additional lighting and viewing platform
Inside, the Expedition camper has a custom Tecnoform interior, including furniture with integrated lighting and entertainment system.
Fiat says that although the Ducato 4×4 Expedition is not destined for showrooms, Fiat Professional is analysing the market to stay abreast of new trends.
Visitors to the Fiat Professional stand will be invited to fill in a questionnaire to learn more about their expectations in terms of products and services for motorhomes — and if you’re not going to Dusseldorf or Birmingham, a survey is also available on the fiatcamper.com website.