Christmas is over, you’ve had enough cold Turkey and you might even be back at work… It’s time to start planning your motorhome getaways for 2012.
If buying or building a new motorhome is on the cards, you might also want to plan a visit to one or two motorhome shows over the coming year.
If you are thinking about buying a new ‘van, a show provides an opportunity to see a lot of models and dealers together in one place – even if you are not inclined to do a deal on the spot.
For anyone planning a self-build motorhome project, a visit to a motorhome show gives you the opportunity to research all the main layouts on the market in one place and decide if any of them are for you – or whether you will aim for something completely different.
Motorhome shows can be divided into two categories – indoor and outdoor. The advantages of each are obvious and explain why the two big indoor shows of the year – in February and October – top and tail the outdoor shows, which run from April to September in 2012.
Here’s a full listing of all the main motorhome shows in 2012:
- 14-19 February 2012: The Motorhome, Caravan & Camping Show – Excel London
- 27-29 April 2012: The National Motorhome Show – East of England Showground (nr. Peterborough)
- 18-20 May 2012: The Southern Motorcaravan Show – Newbury Showground
- 15-17 June 2012: The Midsummer Motorhome and Caravan Show – Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire
- 13-15 July 2012: The Northern Motorcaravan Show – Cheshire Showground (nr. Knutsford)
- 17-19 August 2012: The Western Motorhome Show – Three Counties Showground (nr. Malvern)
- 21-23 September 2012: The Motorhome Show Season Finale – Lincolnshire Showground (nr. Lincoln)
- 16-21 October 2012: The Motorhome & Caravan Show – Birmingham NEC
Click here to read our review of the National Motorhome Show at Peterborough in 2011.