Disclosure: The shoes featured in this review are owned and were paid for by my wife. We have no relationship with Merrell. Links marked with (eBay⇒) or (Amazon⇒) are affiliate links. This means I get paid a small commission if you buy something after clicking on the links. This money helps to pay for the running of the website.
This spring, my wife decided that she needed some new sandals for the summer – something reasonably practical but still with some fashion appeal. The result was a pair of Merrell Micca sandals – here’s her review of these sandals in her own words:
I needed to expand my selection of shoes and was looking for a supportive sandal that wasn’t made from velcro and waterproof fabric and did not look like something you were meant to climb a mountain in. I wanted something a little more ladylike and elegant that was still comfortable.
Having support on the footbed and straps across the front of my foot and around my ankle was important to me, to ensure my feet were as well supported as possible – obviously I accepted that a sandal will never be 100% supportive to your feet.
Here’s a run down of the pros and cons of these sandals after a few months of light use:
- Adjustable strap around the ankle great
- Supportive footbed
- Strap/bar across the front of the sandal holds foot in position
- Wide fitting – very spacious for my wide feet
- Extremely comfortable to wear, almost bouncy underfoot. No rubbing has occurred to either foot when wearing them.
- Fashionable style and delicate in appearance which makes a nice change from a full on walking sandal if you want something a little lighter
- I chose brown but they are available in a range of colours
- The buckle fastening can be a little fiddly
Overall, I am extremely pleased with the Micca sandals. They aren’t the cheapest sandal around, but based on my past experience with Merrell they are living up to all my expectations.
Buy Merrell Micca on Amazon (Amazon⇒)