Disclosure: The item featured in this review was owned and paid for by my wife. We have no relationship with Berghaus. Links marked with (eBay⇒) or (Amazon⇒) are affiliate links. This means I get paid a small commission if you buy something after clicking on the links. This money helps to pay for the running of the website.
My wife recently needed a new fleece and ended up choosing a Berghaus Activity fleece jacket in this rather fetching shade of pink.
Having used it for a while, she’s very pleased with it – here’s why:
- This fleece is very roomy for a size 10
- It’s extremely soft
- Very warm and moderately wind proof compared to other cheaper fleeces she’s tried
- It has an elasticated and adjustable hem draw cord around the waist, which is very handy and enables you to pull it tight when wearing it under a waterproof outer layer
- Two external zipped pockets and one internal zipped pocket – a useful selection
- Decent length arms – slightly longer than many she tried on, which were a little short
- The bright colour makes you easily spotted when out walking!
This fleece is made with Polartec 200 fabric which is quite thick and makes this one of the warmer fleeces on the market.
It also has Berghaus’ ‘Durable Water Repellent’ treatment which prevents light-moderate rain soaking through too quickly, something we’ve found works well. It can be zipped into a suitable Berghaus outer layer (waterproof coat) to make a warm, waterproof winter coat.
Overall, a good buy that we’re very pleased with.
Buy a Berghaus Activity Fleece on Amazon (Amazon⇒)