From time-to-time, we get the chance to review a motorhome-related product. Sometimes this is something we have bought for ourselves to use and sometimes it is a product we have been given by a supplier or manufacturer to review.
All our reviews are genuine reviews of a product we have tried. We will always say whether we purchased an item or were given it to review.
- MOTORHOME LIGHTS & ELECTRICAL
- WINDOWS & VENTILATION
- KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- BASE VEHICLE ACCESSORIES
- MOTORHOME CARE PRODUCTS
- MOTORHOME CONVERSION BOOKS
- MOTORHOME TRAVEL BOOKS
- MOTORHOME TRAVEL STORIES & COOKBOOKS
- ELECTRONICS & PHOTOGRAPHY
- OUTDOOR CLOTHING & FOOTWEAR
- CAMPERVANS & MOTORHOMES
MOTORHOME LIGHTS & ELECTRICAL REVIEWS
- Amperor ADP-90DC-12 12V Voltage Stabiliser
The Amperor ADP-90DC-12 Voltage Stabiliser is designed to protect sensitive electrical equipment like TVs from fluctuations in your motorhome’s 12V power supply.
- Amperor Power Integrator
The Amperor Power Integrator is an impressive new product that combines a battery to battery charger, solar charge controller and starter battery maintenance charger.
- Sterling Battery-to-Battery Charger, 12V 50A
The Sterling Battery-to-Battery Charger is a powerful piece of equipment – does it suit your requirements?
- Victron Cyrix-i 12/24V 100A Battery Combiner
Victron’s Cyrix-i battery combiner is a clever improvement on the traditional split-charge relay that has worked well in our campervan.
- 12v LED Lights
LED lighting is becoming increasingly popular in motorhomes and caravans – but there are still some pitfalls to watch out for.
WINDOWS & VENTILATION REVIEWS
Good quality windows are as important in a motorhome as they are in a house. Seitz S4 windows are the pick of the pack for self-builders – we explain why.
KITCHEN & BATHROOM REVIEWS
- GSI Outdoors Halulite Microdualist Cook Set
The GSI Outdoors Halulite Microdualist is a good quality, compact camping cookware kit. Does it make the grade for campervan use?
- Vango Stainless Steel & Non-Stick Cook Kits
We test out two of Vango’s newest cook kits – one stainless steel kit and one non-stick kit.
- Thetford Aqua Kem Green vs. Elsan Organic Toilet Fluids
We test the two leading green toilet fluids, Thetford Aqua Kem Green and Elsan Organic Toilet Fluid – and find a surprising difference.
- Kampa Large Levelling Ramps
We test Kampa’s large levelling ramps and find that they are just right for most situations.
- Milenco Quattro Levelling Ramps
The Milenco Quattro levelling ramps are probably the longest and highest ever made – how are they in use?
BASE VEHICLE ACCESSORY REVIEWS
- Ring Xenon Max Headlight Bulbs
Upgrading the headlight bulbs on older vans can provide a big improvement – how well do Ring’s Xenon Max bulbs work in our Transit?
- Folding Shovel
A folding shovel is a basic necessity to help you stay mobile and self-sufficient in your motorhome, especially in winter conditions. We review The AA’s offering.
- Foot Pumps and 12V Air Compressors
A brief look at some foot pumps and tyre compressors that are suitable for motorhome use.
MOTORHOME CARE PRODUCT REVIEWS
- Spautopia SP Wonderspray & PureX LSP
Spautopia’s SP Wonderspray cleaner and PureX LSP spray polish were new to us, but performed impressively. Find out more in our review.
- Mantis Instant Shine
A waterless wash car cleaning product that should be ideal for travel use – how well did it work for us?
- Onedrywash Waterless Motorhome Cleaning Kit
A waterless wash solution is ideal for cleaning your motorhome when water’s not convenient – we review Onedrywash and are impressed.
MOTORHOME CONVERSION BOOK REVIEWS
- Bedford Camper Vans and Motorhomes by Martin Watts
Bedford Camper Vans and Motorhomes: The Inside Story, is another great reference book from classic camper expert Martin Watts.
- Classic Dormobile Camper Vans by Martin Watts
We review Classic Dormobile Camper Vans: A Guide to the Camper Vans of Martin Walter and Dormobile, by Martin Watts. This is probably the definitive guide to Dormobile campers throughout the factory’s history.
- My Cool Campervan by Jane Field-Lewis & Chris Haddon
My Cool Campervan unearths an amazing selection of vintage campervans that are all still on the road today.
- My Cool Caravan by Jane Field-Lewis & Chris Haddon
My Cool Caravan is packed with photos and dedicated to retro caravans – although there are a few retro campers, too.
- Travel Vans
A superb book that provides the reader with a detailed understanding of motorhome design and construction.
- Motorhomes – A Complete Guide
This is a novel-sized hardback that provides a very readable and comprehensive introduction to motorhomes and motorhome travel.
- VW Camper Inspriational Interiors, by David Eccles
This book takes a look at custom and bespoke interiors in VW Campers. It will provide inspiration for aspiring converters and pure viewing pleasure for VW enthusiasts!
- VW Camper – The Inside Story, by David Eccles
David Eccles’ VW Camper – The Inside Story is nothing short of a bible for anyone looking to research old VW camper conversions.
- Haynes Motorcaravanning Handbook (For an updated review covering the 2012 2nd edition, click here)
Motorcaravanning Handbook is a less technical but equally good alternative to The Motorcaravanning Manual – which one’s for you?
- Haynes The Motorcaravan Manual & Build Your Own Motorcaravan
These two Haynes manuals provide a massive amount of information about motorhomes – we review them both.
- Camper Van Conversion by Colin Grace
Camper Van Conversion details a flexible, family-friendly conversion of a Ford Transit minibus and is available in paperback, CDROM and downloadable formats.
- Convert A Van To A Motorcaravan Ebook
This ebook explains the design choices and construction methods used by the authors to build their motorhome, a Fiat Ducato van conversion.
- How To Convert Volkswagen Bus or Van To Camper
Lindsay Porter has published two illustrated guides to converting VW vans – one for T25s and T4s and a more recent book on converting T5s. We’ve taken a look at both of them.
MOTORHOME TRAVEL BOOK REVIEWS
- The Rough Guide To France
We review the new 13th edition of Rough Guides 1,000-page guide to France.
- All the Aires Spain & Portugal 2nd edition
We take a look at the new edition of Vicarious Book’s excellent guide to motorhome stopovers in Spain and Portugal.
- The Rough Guide to The Lake District
We review Rough Guides companion to the Lake District and like it.
- UPDATED 2013 review: All the Aires France plus Go Motorhoming and Caravanning & All The Aires Mountains
We review the latest edition of All the Aires France, probably Vicarious Books’ most popular and widely-used guide.
- Brit Stops 2013
We review the Brit Stops UK motorhome stopover scheme, which provides 231 free-to-use UK motorhome stopovers.
- The Rough Guide to Norway vs. Lonely Planet Norway
We used The Rough Guide to Norway alongside Lonely Planet Norway for a month and decided that we like the Rough Guide best – find out why in our review.
- Reisemobil Bordatlas (German Stellplatz guide)
The Reisemobil Bordatlas is the definitive guide to motorhome stopover locations in Germany.
- Alan Rogers – The Best Campsites In Europe 2011
This Alan Rogers guide features more than 1,000 selected campsites in 22 European countries.
- Michelin Escapades En Camping-Car Europe 2011
We review Michelin’s Escapades En Camping-Car Europe 2011. This French guide contains 70 suggested European motorhome tours in 24 countries.
- Camping Cheque
An introduction to Camping Cheques, which are accepted at more than 600 campsites in Europe.
- Michelin Norway (752) and Michelin Scandinavia & Finland (711) Road Maps
These large scale folding maps proved useful for route planning and general navigation but are not a complete solution for touring.
- Freytag & Berndt Norway Supertouring 1:400,000 Road Atlas
We used this road atlas extensively for a month but were somewhat disappointed with its lack of detail.
- AA Close-Up Trucker’s Atlas Britain
The AA Close-Up Trucker’s Atlas Britain includes 1.5 miles to 1 inch mapping and details of thousands of low bridges, width and weight restrictions on Britain’s roads.
MOTORHOME TRAVEL STORIES & COOKBOOKS
- Campervan Crazy by David and Cee Eccles
Campervan Crazy is dedicated to capturing the passion that drives people to travel in campervans – and it makes an excellent read.
- The Great Outdoors Cookbook by Phil Vickery
TV chef Phil Vickery shares his passion for outdoor cooking in this cookbook, which includes sections on barbecues, gas stoves and open fires.
- 52 Weekends By The Sea by Brigid Benson & Craig Easton
52 Weekends By The Sea is the perfect way to inspire countless long weekends away in your motorhome and discover parts of the UK you have never imagined.
- Uneasy Rider: Confessions of a Reluctant Traveller, by Allie Sommerville
Allie Sommerville’s “Uneasy Rider: Confessions of a Reluctant Traveller” is a hilarious guide to the ups and downs of motorhome travel.
- Europe In A Motorhome By H.D. Jackson
Hazel and Simon Jackson decided to sell up and take their youngest son, Jack, on a year-long motorhome tour of Europe. Europe In A Motorhome tells the tale of that trip.
- RV Vacations For Dummies & Frommer’s Exploring America By RV
Fancy touring America in an RV? Either of these books will inspire you and give you some useful suggestions for routes.
- Caravan Cookbook by Monica Rivron
We review Monica Rivron’s Caravan Cookbook and put one recipe to the test – does it deliver?
- The Camping Cookbook by Annie Bell
Annie Bell’s Camping Cookbook is packed full of delicious recipes that are ideal for a long weekend away in your motorhome.
- The Camper Van Cookbook, Martin Dorey
The Camper Van Cookbook is packed full of recipes and classic campervan advice.
ELECTRONICS & PHOTOGRAPHY REVIEWS
- Long Range USB Wi-Fi Antenna – Faculty-X NET-WL-USB-CPE2512bg
A long range USB wireless antenna can be a good way to get affordable or free internet access while travelling abroad in a motorhome. We review our Faculty-X NET-WL-USB-CPE2512bg wi-fi antenna.
- Digital Camera Comparison: Superzoom vs. DSLR
We compare a modern superzoom with a DSLR and see which comes out best for motorhome and travel use.
- Navigon 70 Premium Caravan & Truck Sat Nav
The Navigon 70 Premium Caravan & Truck is Navigon’s top sat nav model and also has large vehicle routing. How does it measure up?
OUTDOOR CLOTHING & FOOTWEAR REVIEWS
- The North Face Jannu II GTX Walking Boots
Was it love at first sight with the North Face Jannu II walking boots? Find out here.
- The North Face Women’s Resolve Waterproof Jacket
The North Face’s Resolve waterproof jacket is a flexible performer that can be used in several different ways.
- The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR
The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR trainers are designed for fast off-road hiking but they are good for the urban jungle, too.
- Merrell Micca Women’s Sandals
Merrell’s Micca sandals are the ideal compromise for a lady wanting comfort, style and a small amount of walkability!
- Merrell Women’s Outbound Mid GORE-TEX Walking Boots
Merrell’s Outbound walking boots offer a good combination of support, comfort and insulation.
- Merrell Siren Sport & Siren Sport Gore-tex Trainers
You don’t buy two pairs of the same shoe without good reason – find out why in our review.
- Berghaus Women’s Activity Interactive Fleece Jacket
This thick, comfortable fleece is ideal for winter use under a waterproof outer layer.
- Berghaus Women’s Spectrum Half Zip Micro Fleece
These lightweight microfleeces are very flexible and comfortable – ideal for motorhome trips.
- Riverside Caravan Park, Pateley Bridge
The Yorkshire Dales is one of our favourite areas of the UK and this campsite ticked most of the boxes for us.
CAMPERVAN & MOTORHOME REVIEWS
- Our DIY Motorhome Conversion Reviewed
After 18 months, 13 weeks away and 25,000 miles, we review our own self-build motorhome conversion.